Tuesday, October 20, 2009

If I had Brought the camera I would probably be more mean.

Today I saw a film called "the Murderers are Among Us" which is a film that was released the day before the Nuremberg executions in 1946. It was released as a "Rubble film" (or film that explicitly shows the damage done in WWII to Germany). it was really interesting because after watching examples of Nazi entertainment films and propaganda pieces we watched a film that starred an actual member of the Nazi party being part of a film condemning what the Nazi party had done. I suggest people check it out (if you one person that reads my posts have netflix instant watch, it's on there.) because it is very well acted, there are fantastic shots, and it is just all in all an interesting film with a strange history. I say strange because at the time the allies (sans USSR) were only allowing the Germans to show Nazi escapist films, American comedies, and concentration camp footage to show people the atrocities that had occurred in the past 12 years under third reich reign. Basically, Germans weren't allowed to make movies until the Soviet Union allowed them to do so. It is bizarre also in that they show a former Nazi officer later on becoming a capitalist industrialist. Really, check it out! DO IT!

No comments: