Tuesday, October 13, 2009

i don't even know how to title this one.

Right now i'm listening to this compilation album based around this record label from the late 70s and lasted up until 1981. It's called Object Music (the full album is "Auteur Labels: Object Music 1978-1981") and i guess the label was started by members of the fall and there were a bunch of art punk bands out of manchester that were the basis for the record label. I just came across it as a fluke because I was trying to look up the Factory Benelux discography and all of a sudden these Auteur Labels records came up and I couldn't find a whole lot about the Object Music label so I went on soulseek and downloaded it and now I'm listening to it on my iPod. So far it is pretty interesting. As mentioned earlier, there is also a Factory Benelux (the more central Europe based offshoot of Factory records, based in Belgium), Factory Records (which had a lot of bands that I had never heard before. Not like ACR or New Order or Joy Division, but bands like Quando Quango and Section 25), Les Disques du Crepuscule (another central European offshoot of Factory Benelux), and New Hormones records (Manchester label that released Buzzcocks amongst many other bands from the area). A lot of the songs on the Object Music one have a power-pop agenda to them and that's kind of cool.

No comments: