Wednesday, November 18, 2009

George Russell- Electronic Sonata For Souls Loved By Nature 1968


A bizarre avant-garde jazz record by George Russell that features a strange mixture of African beats, sort of free jazz mixing and electronic modulations thrown in for good measure. I picked this up at my house after my sister's wedding (when I go home, usually I make a bee-line to the basement to see which random awesome record I passed up last time). That day I had picked up a bunch of Parliament/ Funkadelic records, The Academy In Peril, Fear, and Slow Dazzle by John Cale, an Aztec Camera album, some John Coltrane records, and this one. The Coltrane and Russell ones are really good for writing papers I've discovered (actually, I discovered this fact after listening to Karlheinz Stockhausen and Donald Erb but whatever). Anyway, look into this album. Find a torrent for this album or just figure out a way to get your hands on this baby.

No comments: